- How do I request proof that this footage is authentic (originated here) or the quality I desire?
- How long does it take to receive footage to use once paid for?
- How does footage typically get delivered in final form?
- How does clip licensing work? What are the restrictions for using this footage, and how do I begin checkout?
- What are some of the technical details of the footage on offer?
- Why does this site have a general data protection regulation notice (GDPR)?
- My purpose is for non-commercial, personal or not for profit use. May I receive a discount?
- What if my questions weren’t answered here?
The only restrictions for purchased footage: reasonable (nothing anti-social) use and no stock footage resale; and we kindly ask to be credited for ‘stock footage’ if your project includes credits or is a personal project. We do offer discounts for educational and not for profit use. Purchasing a license to use these clips means you can use it non-exclusively in perpetuity. Clips not yet licensed can be purchased for rights-managed use. For a list of clips not yet licensed, questions or general information, contact us.
Technical info: All clips in this collection are available in 4K Ultra HD, typically using .mov files and PRORES 4444 XQ. These preview clips are limited in bitrateUsing the time controls you can see how 48 fps plays (at twice the speed). For actual 48 fps clips, contact us- they are available up to 120 fps. 14 mbps internet speed required for streaming hitch-free.
Above the clouds time-lapse features clips where the point of view is above a fog or marine layer. This is the ‘Above’ Light collection. This collection is the only one with ” since it is not a literal title..
City aka civilization time-lapse is mainly now in the Night Light collection.
Cloud time-lapse was the most popular stock footage type I licensed in 2000s. This is the Day Light collection.
Forest time-lapse is the Forest Light collection. All the clips in this except for very few were shot under a canopy of trees. This is the main delineating feature of these clips.
Intervalometer is a digital software or physical hardware devices that repeatedly trigger the shutter of a camera at a pre-specified interval. Used for the still image method of capturing time-lapse clips for video production. Quick shout out to Bryan Mumford’s Time Machine was a physical device that attached to contemporary digital cameras either physically or through IR transmission. I reviewed his device and received a precious link from him in return. In the 2000s, precious few reliable intervalometers existed, the Time Machine was one. Nikons are a name-brand of cameras that feature fully developed built-in intervalometers, many other recent pro/sumer cameras incorporate the feature as well.
Night time-lapse was another category of footage from 2005 carried forward that is now Night Light. The streaking lights across the skies are usually airplanes but are sometimes satellites and seldom meteorites. A few Perseid meteorites can be seen in the same clip as the Neowise comet in the Night Lights are seen in individual frames. Planes move the second fastest, coming and going at an apparent speed of about 105,000 mph (550 approximate airspeed times 192 the approximate accelerated speed factor). Satellites, much farther than the other two, move the slowest, and are often fainter but still far quicker than the stars surrounding. .
Stock footage simply means footage that is for sale/licensing.
Sunset and sunrise time-lapse is now the Dusk and Dawn Light collection.
Time-lapse refers to the type of video I offer. While there are time elapsed exposures used as still images, I use stills compiled into videos. Not everyone uses this stop-motion technique, benefits to both full motion time-lapse and interval time-lapse with an intervalometer vary. Why do I not call my proprietorship skytime-lapse? Because it’s simply much easier for most people to leave out the hyphen.
- Canada: 2017. Banff National Park and Jasper National Park in the Canadian Rockies of west Alberta, northern Alberta, specifically Winegami Lake,
- Iceland: 2019. Locations include Kirkjufell, Snæfellsjökull area, Hoffellsjökull area and Akureyri/Bakki area (not yet shown),
- Switzerland 2019. Lucerne, Mt. Pilatus and area as well as downtown Zurich (not yet shown),
- United States
- Mount Shasta, Bay Area and Marin Headlands and Mt Tam, the Central Valley and foothills, Bodega Bay, Lake Tahoe, Hwy 395 and Sierra Nevada range, Alabama Hills and Mount Whitney area and Death Valley National Park in eastern California. In central: Yosemite National Park as well as Pinnacles National Park area,
- In Oregon, the southern valley and southern coast, Crater Lake and eastern Oregon, the Painted Hills, Three Sisters. No longer shown is Mt. Hood,
- In Washington, Mount Rainier National Park and Seattle,
- In Hawaii, Oahu and Big Island with Mauna Kea, the world’s tallest mountain base to top (including below sea level),
- In Florida, ‘Alligator Alley’ between Miami and Naples. Naples, Miami areas,
- In Colorado, Pike’s Peak, Garden of the Gods, and Rocky National Park,
- In Arizona, Grand Canyon National Park,
- In Utah, Monument Valley, and Bryce National Park, Canyonlands National Park as well as Arches National Park,
- In Nevada, Granite Peak,
- In Wyoming, Grand Tetons and Grand Teton National Park, and in
- Montana, Yellowstone National Park.